Jose is anti-jammies

Okay so admittedly it sounds from the title of this blog post that Jose likes to sleep commando. This is not true. We both wear jammies to bed. In fact, without central heating you are pretty much forced to wear the least sexy flannel pjs ever when the temperature starts to dip. That being said, Jose is anti wearing pajamas anywhere outside of the house. I am not exactly a proponent of going places inappropriately dressed but occasionally I will be too lazy while taking out the dog in the morning to change into real clothes. This drives Jose crazy. He will put jeans on even if it is 5:00am. This is definitely a cultural thing. Here in Spain the only people that wear house shoes (aka slippers) and pajama/sweat pants outside are gypsies. That is one of the ways you can spot them. They will be outside dressed too casually and are not working out. I have had to adjust. I mean, sometimes who has the energy to put on real pants? Jose has made me promise that in the new apartment I will NOT go out in jammies. Even to take out the dog. Even to run for a Sunday paper. Even if there is a fire. (Believe me, I have put forth a lot of possible scenarios). He says no to them all. Bummer.

Oh wait, once upon a time we were in Michigan and wanted to go sledding but didn´t have big kid snow pants. So what did we wear? Our jammies. Apparently back home it is okay.




Comments

  1. I love this entry.. it reminds me again of why we're friends. anyone who uses the word "jammies" multiple times is okay in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say it isn't so. Jammies or lounge pants as mom likes to call them are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names