DIY furniture re-do BEFORE

There is a really cool store here in Seville where they re-sell old furniture. Since we are moving soon and need to furnish our new place, we go every once in a while to take a look around since you never know what you might find. By old furniture, I mean European old (a lot with prices to match), like hundreds of years old. Most of the pieces are huge, wood, imposing. A lot of them are real antiques. Those we usually overlook both for their style and what they cost but we have found some things worth taking home, like a cool wicker chair for our bathroom.

Recently we found this piece:



I think it used to be the upper part of a writing desk since there is a slat that slides out at the bottom when you have the doors open. I liked the style and plan to use it as a buffet in my dining area. It needs a little work, some sanding and probably some paint and feet to make it a bit taller. I look at this as a challenge. I think I will be able to do this project myself but not being the most capable in the home improvement/crafting areas I am not 100% sure. I don´t think sanding it down will be too hard and have been reading up on the process on the internet. I like the look of the wood so I will probably end up staining it but might paint it. We will see. I will update on the process as it goes. This could be a DIY disaster...or it will be an awesome piece for our new place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names