Happy Halloween! and arriving safely in Michigan

This year Jose and I will be spending our Halloween flying back to Michigan for my sister's wedding. Luckily, though, this weekend we had the opportunity to celebrate a bit when we were invited to a costume party with some friends from work. We didn't want to spend much on our costumes so we worked with what we had around the house. Jose ended up dressing as a nerd. We had a pair of sunglasses that were already broken that I fixed with tape. He wore a super hero t-shirt and shortened up his pants. Then we stuck a bunch of pens in his pocket. Ta-da: Nerdy Jose. Money spent = $0.
For my costume, I decided to go as Medusa. I had seen a picture on the internet of someone else whose costume was much more complicated and expensive. I went to the local chino and bought a bag of plastic snakes that I then placed into my teased hair with bobby pins. Then I used some dark eyeliner, threw on a black dress I already had and done. Money spent = $2.00. All in all, we had a great time with our friends and their kids. It was nice to see people outside of work and getting dressed up is always fun. Jose even bobbed for apples. (I have been trying to upload pictures of our party but have been unable to do so. If it works soon, I will add them. If not, they will be on Facebook).

A few days later (on the actual day of Halloween), Jose and I headed out for my sister's wedding in Michigan. We were flying on separate flights but were both passing through New England and were nervous about Hurricane Sandy. We had heard a lot about Frankenstorm and how it was the perfect storm. Just our luck, I thought. Why do we always seem to be traveling at the worst times? As it turns out, flights to Philadelphia were not being cancelled and Jose made it out of Spain no problem. My flight through New York was not leaving but the nice people at Delta re-routed me through Amsterdam (first class-yay!) and I arrived earlier than planned.

It was a LONG day traveling but we finally made it to a house filled with decorations (for the wedding) and cats (since my parents are becoming animal hoarders). We can't wait for the big day! In your face Sandy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names