Christmas Bucket List part dos

After José read my last blog about the Christmas Bucket List he pointed out that none of my plans were that ambitious, that we would quite easily accomplish all of them. Am I to take that as a challenge? If so, accepted.

Here are a few things I am adding to the bucket list:

1. Go to the "cabalgata" or parade that happens on the 6th of January in celebration of Los Reyes (the 3 wise men who brought gifts to Jesus). This is the actual day that most people exchange gifts here in Spain. Santa is getting to be a bigger phenomenon here but the Reyes are still very popular. They are the ones who children write to asking for toys. We will need to attend their annual parade where they ride on floats throughout the town tossing gifts, candy, balls, stuffed animals etc. This year I hope not to have to fight any children for what they throw our way.



2. During this holiday season will also be José and my one year wedding anniversary since we were married on December 30th of 2011 in Michigan. I would like to celebrate this day with something special. I am going to leave that idea up to José. He can get creative. Hint. Hint.

3. When the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve there is a tradition here in Spain where you have to eat 12 grapes for each time the clock sounds. This was something that I shared with the guests at my wedding last year and eating the grapes is always fun! I would add to my bucket list that I would like to do this twice. Once here in Spain and another time at 600am when it will be midnight in the United States.


4. Every year watching Christmas movies always gets me in the mood for the season. I would like to make sure that we watch some of my all-time favorites like Love Actually, A Muppet Christmas Carol, The Grinch, and Home Alone. Maybe we can do an advent calendar of holiday films or at least a 12 days of Christmas countdown.

5. Though this isn't exactly related to the holidays, I think the best gift this year would be the keys to our new apartment. I am hopeful that this will happen and that we will be able to take advantage of our time off to do some painting and moving.

Let the countdown begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names