Merry Christmas! Here I am again to carry on the tradition of my annual Christmas card blog. This is officially year six and you can look back at all our other posts in the following links if you are curious:
Even though 2017 started out on a bad note with Laura being in the hospital for a few weeks and me having to leave my job, it ended up being a pretty good year. Looking back through past years´posts makes me realize how much things have changed over the past six years. We no longer travel as much, although we did get to visit Michigan this past summer. We have been living in our apartment for five years, although we are quickly outgrowing it and may be on a new house hunt in the coming year. Our lives are no longer consumed by bottles, feeding times and naps, although we are still holding on to one daily snooze for the girls. What I mean to say is that, life is good. Really good. And we have a lot to look forward to.
As always, here is our top ten from 2017:
10. Celebrating the girls´first birthday because hey, they survived an entire year! Hell yes! And now, almost two years. I call that a parenting win. Laura and Vera keep getting more fun and funny by the day. We love them so much!
9. Another thing that has been pretty great this year is watching with wonder as the girls have begun to talk. Jose and I are making a lot of effort for them to be bilingual and it has been nice to be able to see the fruit of that labor. They have been talking a lot more this past year and it is amazing.
8. My parents came to visit us last spring for about four days and we had a lot of fun with them. Laura and Vera love their Noona and Poppa Walrus and we had a laidback visit.
7. We flew to Michigan for another summer of friends, family and fun. This past trip we got to see literally EVERYONE that we wanted to see I think. Even if it was for a brief time, we got to catch up with friends and family that we haven´t seen for years. We all especially loved staying with my sister Katie, Spencer and the girls´favorite person in the world, Daphne. We also crashed at my other sister Chrissie´s house for a while so that we could soak up some time with my other nieces Cawaline and Eve. It was fantastic.
6. While in Michigan we celebrated another GAGME trip to Indianapolis. While running around in our themed-gear we went to the zoo, the Children´s museum, the NCAA museum and out to eat with my parents, sisters and nieces. So fun.
5. We also got to hang around in Chicago with my sister Andie and Unkie Eric on our way in to the States and on our way out. We bought our flights so they would be direct from Madrid to Chi-town so that we could spend some time with Noodz and it didn´t disappoint.
4. Laura and Vera went to their first feria this past spring and dressed in their flamenca dresses. They were adorable. They even went on a few of the rides in the midway.
3. My mom came to visit us right at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017 so she was here when Laura and Vera got to celebrate their first Reyes Magos experience. We all went to Jose´s hometown to see the parade and try to catch some of the presents they were throwing out to the crowd.
2. We have also had the opportunity to spend time with Jose´s sister and her family a few times when they have come down from France to visit. One of our favorites was the weekend we all spent together at the beach in Portugal. The girls love their cousin Eva even if they don´t always get along when they are together.
1. Another of my favorite memories of this past year has been seeing how much Vera and Laura love their abuelos. They spend one afternoon with them each week when both Jose and I have to work and I know that they have a BLAST when they are all together. They love their Alolo and their Abuela and I am blessed to have family here who go out of their way to help us out when we need it and who love our girls as much as we do.
I hope that your 2017 was as good as ours and that you have a wonderful holiday season!
Merry Christmas to everyone. Feliz Navidad!