Signing on the dotted line (FINALLY)




Today we signed the mortgage for our new apartment and we couldn´t be happier!! We were sort of nervious while waiting at the notary (see picture) but things went off without a hitch. My one issue is trying to understand all the legal mumbo jumbo in Spanish. I think I held my own pretty well. We finally figured out financing and after a few hours at a meeting today we will be getting our keys on Friday!!

That means we will soon begin the process of moving, painting, decorating and nesting. I cannot wait! Though this is the BIGGEST purchase of my entire life, I am confident that we made a great choice for our little family. My plan is to post before pictures of our apartment soon and then begin to update as we make changes. Since it is brand spanking new we don´t have to do much cosmetically but we are creating our own kitchen which is very exciting. It is hard to make decisions that you will have to live with for a looooooong time but I can´t wait. Thank goodness for the internet and the creative people out there who post their ideas since I am sure I will be borrowing many of them soon. We can´t wait to share the next chapter of our lives! Here is Jose downtown with our contract. Joy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names