31 Days of Frugal Travel Tips: Day 7


7. Camp: Admittedly not my personal favourite, this certainly is a cheap way to travel. You can see some BEAUTIFUL, natural places for not a lot of jing. Look at your State Parks, recreational areas etc. I figure that they became parks because they have something interesting to offer, something worth conserving. José and I sprang for a State Park pass two summers ago and spent a great few days in a tent, learning how to start a fire, roasting marshmallows and going to the beach. Remember though that camping saves money only if you either already have the equipment or can borrow it (in our case from my Dad). Tents and other gear can be expensive and chances are you know someone who has it in their garage, basement or attic. Ask. I would especially recommend this route for people who have never camped. You might be like me and know you would only go sporadically at best. It doesn´t make sense for me to buy an expensive tent that I will only use once a year. If you find that you do love camping, the investment might be worth it. It´s good to weigh your options. Bonus: cooking while camping tends to be pretty frugal. You can´t get too complicated when all you have is a stove and a fire to use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names