International House Hunters, the saga continues

Though we signed our mortgage on Wednesday evening, we didn´t get our keys until this morning. Now we are OFFICIAL, official homeowners (or debtors). Here in Spain buying property is a two step (well actually many) process. First, you sign the papers but then you need to have a symbolic exchange which for us was getting our keys. Done and done.



A while ago I visited the work site and broke in to go visit my apartment door. As I was petting it, the day that I would actually be able to open it felt pretty far away. But that day has finally arrived. TODAY!!!!

After work we went to visit the apartment and though there was no light or water set up, I got to walk through the place and imagine. Tomorrow we will head back to begin measuring and planning. I will post before pictures when there is some better natural light. As you can see, they weren't turning out very well with Jose's phone this afternoon (this is our bedroom).

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names