Adult braces update

So I have had my braces on for a few months now and honestly a lot of people have told me that they aren´t that noticeable at all which makes me feel good. I, however, notice them all the time. They are a huge pain in the a**. I don´t remember my teeth hurting as badly when they put them on the first time when I was in middle school. Maybe I have just gotten softer in my old age but yowza, the first month or so was killer. 

I am happy to report, though, that the one tooth in particular that bothered me is now pretty much in-line with the rest. Another bonus of the kind of brackets that I got is that you really can´t see them in pictures. Other than constantly feeling like I have food stuck and knowing that soon I will have to make some more payments (dammit) I am still very happy with my choice. Ask me again in a year and we will see...

Comments

  1. Which braces are you using? I have heard that ceramic ones are almost invisible. My niece is planning to get braces and we are thinking of going for the ceramic ones. How long will you have to wear them? I heard that there is a type of brace that can be taken off after 6 months. In that case she will not have braces by the time she join college.
    Food getting stuck in between the braces is one thing everyone says as a major issue after wearing braces. I guess people will have to zero in on foods that can be eaten without chewing or with minimum amount of chewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy! The braces I have are called sapphire braces (zafiro) here in Spain. I had never heard of them before but I imagine they exist in the U.S. as well. The brackets themselves are white/almost clear and the wire is silver so they really aren't noticeable. I have to have them on for 18 months but am hoping to get them taken off sooner! Good luck to your niece : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names