25 days of Christmasy movies FINAL update/Books in December

So this is the last time I will update about our Christmas movie marathon (since our vacation ends today, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). As you can see, we didn't quite meet our goal but allow me to explain why. First, we started re-watching all the seasons of The Office (and have made it to number 7). Second, Jose has really been bugging me about going to see the second Hobbit movie. Since I had never even seen The Lord of the Rings trilogy, I decided to finally sit down and watch it. As you might know, those films last like an eternity. So in the end we have some Christmas films still on the list for next year.

The list:
1. Love Actually 
2. Dr. Suess's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas 
3. A Christmas Story 
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 
5. Elf 
6. Miracle on 34th Street 
7. Bad Santa 
8. Nightmare Before Christmas
9. Charlie Brown Christmas 
10. It's a Wonderful Life 
11. Home Alone
12. The Muppet Christmas Carol 
13. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 
14. The Polar Express 
15. The Santa Clause 
16. Frosty the Snowman 
17. Frosty Returns 
18. Scrooged 
19. Jingle All the Way
20. The Family Stone 
21. How the Grinch Stole Christmas 
22. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
23. Jack Frost 
24.  White Christmas 
25. Christmas in Connecticut

Books I read in December

As you can imagine with so many movies and TV episodes I haven't gotten much reading done (sad I know). Here follows the books I have read in December.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

This is one of my all time favorite books and I re-read it this month. If you have never read this book, please do yourself a favor and do it.

We also watched the movie in December (which I had never seen). I would also recommend it (and yet another non-Christmas related film we saw this month)




The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

In fact, I am also re-reading this book as well. I remember the first time I read it being actually freaked out (not that I thought it was real or had happened) but the suspense and intrigue is that good. This is a vampire novel but NOT a dumb one like the Twilight books. This one actually has good writing and a strong female character. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names