The difference 4 years can make

The first time I visited Spain was four years ago this month. It is sort of odd to think that so much has changed since that time. I can honestly say that at the time of this trip I in no way imagined that some day I would be living here. My first visit was with a dear friend, Kate. We traveled through Italy before coming over to Spain. It was an awesome trip!

Seriously a blast!

In these past years I spent a good amount of time finishing my M.A. in North Carolina before spending a year basically studying abroad in Sevilla. I like to think that I was testing the waters whilst staying here. Jose and I had a lot of adventures during this year in Spain. I think we traveled so much so that Jose would have an easier time convincing me to come back (permanently).

Visiting Ronda and Los Pueblos Blancos
This was such a successful stay that apparently Jose thought it would be a good idea to spend the rest of his natural life with me (he´s nuts). So we got married (twice). The first time was in Michigan. The second in Spain.



My in-laws freezing in Michigan


My fabulous family sweating it out in Sevilla.

As they say, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...moving overseas and buying an apartment. Getting a dog and a job. Starting a life and maybe sometime soonish a baby. (Nothing to report on that, no worries though).

All in all I would say that these four years have been pretty wonderful and that I am blessed. Can´t wait to see what the next four will bring!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names