Saying goodbye to The Office

On Sunday I spent probably 6 hours watching the last episodes of The Office. This is a show that I have enjoyed for years but that since moving to Spain had lost contact with since they don´t show it on T.V. here. Instead we have had to look for episodes online and after the big finale recently I wanted to finish it off. I needed closure. I was pleasantly surprised by how they wrapped everything up since I had honestly gotten pretty bored after Michael Scott left. How can you replace this?


After watching the end of the series I got to thinking about what other shows I have seen every episode of and what this might say about me. Here is the list of what I came up with:


  • Full House (I even kept watching when they really started to push life lessons down my throat, like the episode Kimmy Gibbler got drunk).
  • Saved by the Bell (Again, from the young episodes with the weird Britishy teacher to the super lame college years, I stuck it out. Wasn´t there a wedding in Vegas? I was there).
  • The Golden Girls (Do I have to explain why I have seen every last episode? This show was and is one of the funniest out there. Plus it was a precursor to the next on my list).
  • Sex and the City (Though this really is a raunchier re-hash of my other girls above, I really got to care about the characters and even got sucked in to seeing the TERRIBLE movies that followed the show´s finale).
  • The Big Bang Theory (This is a show that almost always delivers. I am not sure how I started watching it since it was years after it premiered but I love it. I think it speaks to my inner nerd).
  • Dexter (Admittedly I have yet to begin the last season but plan on catching up this summer. I would never have thought I would enjoy this show as much as I do. A serial killer that knocks off other serial killers? Even with a pretty much redheaded lead actor I am engrossed).
I am sure there are other shows but these are the ones I came up with quickly. Usually I don´t enjoy programs that I have to watch each week in order to follow their plots. I get stressed if I miss an episode and feel tied to my T.V. I also gravitate towards comedies more than dramas. Soon though I will be looking for something to replace The Office in my line-up. Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names