One year anniversary, take 2

Today Jose and I celebrated our one year anniversary (again). We were officially married on December 30th last year in Michigan but we also had a wedding here in Spain on May 12th. We decided to try to do something to celebrate both dates. In December we went out for a fancy dinner at an Italian restaurant. This was the day Jose planned. Today it was my turn.

To begin, I planned on surprising Jose with a lunch out. He had no clue where we were headed.


But he definitely enjoyed the food when we arrived. In case you can´t tell by all the crap on the walls, this is a TGIF´s. It is way overpriced here in Spain but you can get a good burger.


After lunch we headed to a soccer game, my first here in Spain. We went and saw Jose´s favorite team, Betis. They actually won which seems not to happen very often. It was pretty hot in the stadium but I survived. I especially loved the mascot which is a palm tree.


I didn´t appreciate all the people smoking around us and as you can see, it was pretty crowded. People get very intense about their soccer games here. Especially the men. One old guy behind us kept yelling a lot of obscenities. Nice. Then there was the shirtless cheering section. Bunch of dudes.


All in all I would say it was a successful anniversary and I will admit that I did enjoy watching the game more in person than I would have on the television.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names