The best storage invention ever?

I have mentioned it before, our apartment is kind of small. As we move more and more stuff in, we are forced to try and find places to put it all while trying to maintain a certain sense of organization. Here are some of the ways we are making that happen.

Anyone who knows me knows that I swear by my Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers from HSN.



They are seriously amazing. What are they and why the heck are they so special? Well, they are thin hangers with a velvety covering that honest to God help me fit more clothes into my closet. Plus they live up to their claim that things do NOT fall off of them. I can cram a ton of clothes into a smaller space since all my hangers are the same small size, no bulky plastic for this girl. I have been growing my collection for a while and have even shared some with Jose. I could rave about them all day but here is a picture to show you what I mean:


I also am loving the IKEA pants holder that we bought. Mine holds both pants and skirts. Everything just seems more organized and less wrinkled.


Okay but what is the best storage invention ever (this was a close race since I really do love my hangers, so much that I hauled them overseas)? Here is a picture of our bed to give you a hint (still no headboard).


We bought a bed that has hydraulics that lift up the mattress on a hinge. This creates a great storage space beneath the bed that is super easy to access. Before we would shove things under the bed and never pull them out again since we never wanted to crawl under there and fight the enormous dust bunnies. Now all we have to do is tilt the bed up and we can get whatever we have under there. Plus you can't see anything poking out. So far we have our shoes, extra sheets and blankets, my purses and other miscellany hanging out under there. We need to organize but I am loving this invention.


It is a space that we never took advantage of before or at least not to its max. We bought another of these beds for our guest room. Love it!

Oh, and we finally got the doors up on our closets. Yay!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names