Some assembly required: apartment update

Since my last post Jose and I have been busy putting together everything we bought at IKEA on Friday. We started with three bookshelves and then moved on to our giant wardrobe/closet things. These two projects took us all weekend basically.

Check out our beast of a closet. You can't tell so much in this picture but it is taking up an entire wall in our bedroom. Jose (and I, but more him) have a lot of clothes. Soon this bad boy will be full.


 

Just when we had wrestled the majority of the cardboard boxes out of the apartment (because anyone who has bought and assembled from IKEA knows that you will end up with an abundance of cardboard that is a bitch to pitch), the delivery men arrived with everything for our kitchen. Which meant, you guessed it, more boxes. Here they are taking over our livingroom (say hi to the new shelves!).



It's hard to believe that all of this is going to soon become my kitchen but it's true. The guy is working on it as we speak. I can hear sawing and pounding. This morning when I got here I snapped one last quick before picture of the kitchen before the guy (I think his name is Carlos but I shall continue to call him the guy since Cooper has not taken a shine to him at all) got here. You will see that there are boxes in there too. I apologize that it is a little dark but it was a little dark when I arrived and I am still stuck using my phone camera since our charger has yet to turn up around these parts. We are hoping to come across it during the move.


After having our new mattress delivered as well we are a few steps closer to our goal of being in the apartment by next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names