Giving up sweets for Lent

I have given up sweets for Lent. Boooooooo. Jose decided to join in and give them up as well. Thank goodness because I couldn't handle it without him. We are keeping each other accountable. (Plus I couldn't stand it if I had to watch him enjoy a sweet everyday when I couldn't). This is actually the first year I have chosen to give something up for Lent and have actively stuck with this promise.

Why sweets, you might ask? Well, because...

Jose and I both have a sweet tooth. After dinner we would regularly eat a mini-Reese's from our stash. Our Movie Fridays often involve gummy candies. At work I spend the day with a group of women who always have cookies or chocolate around. I have been to a birthday party with a triple chocolate, peanut butter and Snickers cake. This weekend we went out with some friends and they ordered a brownie dessert with vanilla ice cream after the meal. And can we talk about the churros that are popping up everywhere I look? We are surrounded by sweets and I didn't even realize it until I gave them up.

Avoiding all these things has been hard. We are counting down the days until we can have our Reese's again. Jose already has a trip planned to a restaurant where we will only order dessert. (I think he is having a harder time than I am). Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names