One year Sadie and eating grapes on New Year's Eve

On December 30th Jose and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. I hadn't been feeling too hot the last week or so but was glad to see that I woke up the day of almost as good as new. Jose had made some secret plans and wouldn't even give me a hint about what we would be doing that day. All I knew was that I needed to be ready by 600pm. It turns out that we both ended up taking a looooong nap in the afternoon and began the evening late after getting all fancied up. Jose had bought us tickets for a cruise on the Guadalquivir river but we will have to pospone since we didn't arrive in time for the launch. Instead we walked around the city center before heading to eat in an Italian restaurant. The food was very good and we came back home stuffed. It was a nice way to celebrate our anniversary (no gifts of course since we are busy spending tons of money on our apartment. That is an amazing gift to each other right now).

For New Year's Eve we decided to keep it low key as well. We met up with another couple to have dinner and ring in the New Year. Jose and I were in charge of shopping for the food. Here is a picture of the spread. We ate typical tapas like Spanish tortilla, shrimp, empanada, jamon, cheese and of course Cruzcampo cerveza:


After eating and watching the New Year's Eve television program we rang in 2013 with the Spanish tradition of eating 12 grapes as the clock strikes the hour at midnight. This was also what I gave as a gift to the guests at my wedding. Happy New Year to all!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names