2013 One word resolution: CREATE

I am not good at making (nor keeping) resolutions. I have been reading recently about the idea of choosing one word for a year's worth of goals instead of making a bunch of resolutions you probably won't keep. People who have blogged about it say it is easier to do this because your word can grow and adapt throughout the year. It can be applied to different situations. The word should encompass your goals and what you would like to accomplish but isn't like saying, "I will lose 20 pounds." Some examples I had seen were: grow and simplify but it can be any word you want that you associate with things you would like to do, change or better to improve in your life.

I hadn't made any real concrete resolutions this year but I have decided to adopt this one word resolution. Though it is coming a month late, my word for 2013 is CREATE.

I would like to create a home here in Spain that I am excited to live in and that people will enjoy visiting. I want to have an apartment that is comfortable and reflects Jose's and my personalities. Seeing how long everything is taking thus far, I believe we may be finished with the entire moving, settling and decorating process by the end of 2013. Ha.

I am going to create more friendships here in Spain. This is one of my biggest gripes about living here. I have few friends to call my own, especially female friends. Jose and my social circle mostly revolves around his friends and their wives. I would like to grow and establish the relationships I have with women I work with and hopefully create some more.

I love writing and would like to create some more projects this year. I enjoy writing for my blog but one of my real dreams would be to write something longer. This is something I am going to work on this year. I already have a few ideas rolling around in my mind but it is hard to get started (and scary).

These are my three initial ideas for my one word (resolution). The good thing is that as time goes on I can adapt and add, or change what my goals are. I am going to keep myself accountable by updating in my blog every once in a while how things are going.

 

Comments

  1. The idea is a wonderful one, best of luck with your new projects. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names