Hi Spain, Christopher Robin called and needs Winnie the Pooh back in the Hundred Acre Wood

If you know me, you know of my aversion for licensed character anything (including but certainly not limited to apparel). That being said, Spain suffers from an overabundance of adults with a fondness for cartoon characters. I don´t see anything wrong with children who wear a Sesame Street outfit but seeing some grown ass woman wearing a Disney shirt makes me want to lose it. I will admit that I noticed this trend a lot more while living in Chile but here in Spain it is also common. I understand that a lot of times anything associated with American pop culture automatically equals cool but come on. (This also applies to clothes that have a phrase written in English that makes zero sense of which I have seen quite a few). Attention Spaniards: Please, for the love of god, take that sun bleached and sad looking Looney Tunes character out of the back window of your car. I am sure it is blocking your view and really serves no purpose other than to say to the rest of the world that you are a weirdo (or as they are called here a friki). Why is this coming up now you might ask? Well because yesterday Jose and I took a short road trip down to a typical Andalusian town (Arcos de la Frontera). It was beautiful and all but the whole ride there and back I couldn´t help thinking, "What the hell are these people thinking?". In related news, many friends I am sure remember the infamous "I´m bringing Grumpy back" t-shirt. I am happy to report it has not made an appearance since I moved here. Though I love Jose to death, that was something that I had to nip in the bud.

Comments

  1. I bought it in America so it makes sense and will keep wearing it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names