Attack of the body pillows!

Though there are many things I love about life here, my pillow is not one of them. You might be thinking, weirdo what is the big deal, a pillow is a pillow, right? WRONG. Allow me to explain what the big deal is because this is worse than the flat pancake pillow my sister and I had in Paris. Unlike their overseas counterparts, the Spanish pillow is much thinner and longer. To use a description that might be more familiar, if we were in elementary school  and they were the shape of folded paper it would be hot dog style, versus hamburger (see American) style. The pillows here remind me of body pillows, the ones that pregnant women use or lonely, sad people who want something to sleep against. But the Spanish pillow is put at the head of the bed, so rather than having two individual pillows, you have one long skinny pillow to share if there is someone else in your bed. Who thought this was a good idea or comfortable in the least bit? I am a selfish sleeper who doesn't like having someone breathing into my face or onto the back of my neck (sidesleeper) and usually having two pillows allows for a separation gap big enough to prevent that creepy feeling. Here in Spain, different story. With one big, mutant pillow there is no border area and your bed partner can scootch right on over until they are pushing you not only out of the bed but off the pillow. It's an attack! Plus, the pillow case is like a big tube with two open ends instead of the American kind that is sewn shut on one side. Maybe it is neurotic of me but WHY didn't they close one end? Instead the pillow pokes out of both sides. You constantly have to adjust it. Ahhhhh. Well, I will tell you one thing. In my apartment there will be real pillows to sleep on, none of this one pillow foolishness. Jose claims that there is one pillow so that one person doesn't end up hogging it?!?. I am not sure I get that logic but just in case, we will have to have four on our bed. That way there can be no argument, just sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. I have hilarious photos of the two of us and our pancake pillows in Paris. But that was okay because we were in France, and zee pillows are zee best pillows in zee world!

    Please let me know where I can ship you some regular pillows. I agree with the assessment of the mutant pillow. What do you do if you get hot and want to flip it over to the cold side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to send you an iso-cool pillow. They are amazing and keep cool for longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you keep hitting the nail on the head allie. mucho agree

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names