A tribute to the Shamrock Shake

If you know me, you know that I LOVE McDonald´s Shamrock Shakes. Seriously, they are so incredibly good. If you haven´t had one, please stop reading and go get one. They are minty and fresh. They are like heaven coming through a straw. I could probably slurp like a million of them.



I remember the first time I had one in college and got hooked. How could I have gone so long without experiencing this green nirvana? They are only out for a limited time around St. Patrick´s Day so you really have to take advantage. I have in the past contemplated trying to freeze them for later consumption in the past but wasn´t convinced that they would keep very well. Besides, part of the fun is realizing they have been re-released into the restaurants. The first sip is always the best, especially after a year of anticipation.

Then after I graduated from college I moved down to North Carolina to start grad school. When March rolled around I realized that Shamrock Shakes were not available in the state. I was devasted. I dreamed about the creamy goodness. My friends from the midwest could certainly relate. We would talk about Shamrock Shakes and our disbelief at how we couldn´t get one in our adopted state. After finishing my studies and moving back to Michigan, it seems that they have introduced the Shamrock shake into the region. Now you can get one in N.C. Lucky jerks!

Here in Spain I can´t even drive across a border to get a shake (something I contemplated while in North Carolina). I am fairly certain that Shamrock Shakes will never make it to Spain. For some reason I think that Spanish people wouldn´t be as delighted with the flavoring. But I contend that there is a market. Americans want our Shamrock Shakes! And not this crap with the gross whipped cream on the top:


I want just a regular, old, classic Shamrock Shake. And I want it now. Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I realized I was giving up a lot when I moved overseas but somethings are harder than others...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names