25 days of Christmasy movies

This holiday season Jose and I have decided to do a holiday movie marathon because I discovered that there were so many films that he had not seen before. What kind of childhood did he have????

We are going to make the attempt to watch 25 holiday movies, sort of like an Advent calendar (though I am sure we will have to catch up over the weekends). Really if we accomplish this goal before New Year's I will be happy. 

I was somewhat surprised by films included on other folks' lists as I was doing some research but I guess there are fewer Christmas movies out there than I once thought. I hope that explains why some of the more random films have been included on our list.

1. Love Actually (the best holiday movie)
2. Dr. Suess's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the classic cartoon version)
3. A Christmas Story (we watched this one last night. Ralphie, I can't put my arms down!)
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (I am not sure that Jose is ready to meet the Griswolds)
5. Elf (a new classic)
6. Miracle on 34th Street (not sure I have ever actually seen this one but I know the plot)
7. Bad Santa (surprisingly funny)
8. Nightmare Before Christmas (I still think this is creepy)
9. Charlie Brown Christmas (we watched this last year and will repeat)
10. It's a Wonderful Life (anyone remember the SNL alternate ending from years ago?)
11. Home Alone (it has been years since I have seen this movie and am excited to revisit my childhood)
12. A Muppet Christmas Carol (I LOVE the muppets!)
13. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the somewhat creepy puppet movie)
14. The Polar Express (based on a beloved children's book)
15. The Santa Clause (starring Tim Allen)
16. Frosty the Snowman (the classic cartoon)
17. Frosty Returns (part 2)
18. Scrooged (I have never seen this movie either but have high hopes for it)
19. Jingle All the Way (what spells Christmas more than Arnold Schwarzeneger?)
20. The Family Stone (this is sort of the only movie that doesn't exactly fit into the category. I have seen it before and remember liking it and we were desperate)
21. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the weird Jim Carrey version)
22. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (another creepy puppet movie)
23. Jack Frost (not to be confused with the horror movie whose tagline was: He's chilling, he's killing)
24.  White Christmas (I am not familiar with this film but we will check it out)
25. Christmas in Connecticut (again, this is not in my Christmas movie repetoire but seems to be more holiday-ish than Die Hard)

I will be updating once a week or so on our progress to keep us motivated. I am hoping these holiday movies will get us in the mood for the upcoming season which for me is more complicated without snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names