Making Christmas Angels with my class

This week was kind of a big joke at work. The girls didn't have the interest and the teachers the energy to get a whole lot done. Add to that the fact that we had to move classrooms to another building and you have to get creative to pass the time. I decided to make angels with my first grade classes and they loved it. I then brought the same craft to my fourth grade and they liked it too. It was a nice activity to do on a relaxed day. Here are some examples of the angels my students ended up giving to me as gifts:

 
 
Cute, right? All you need is a paper doily, two circles (one larger than the other for the halo, the smaller one for the face), scissors and glue. Even little kids can follow the directions to make the angels since it is pretty basic.
 



These are the supplies that I gave my girls. They then folded the doily in half and cut it into 2 pieces.


One half of the doily becomes the body. The other half is folded into the wings. To make the body you fold each corner of the half down like this so that it becomes a triangle:


Here is how it should look before you glue down the flaps to secure them.


The wings are made by folding the other half a doily into quarters by cutting it in half. Fold each quarter doily in half again and glue them to the body like this.


All you need to do to finish is add the head and halo (after coloring and decorating them) and voila, you have an angel that could be an ornament. Like I said, this was a hit with my little girls. Here they are working (the chairs had already been moved, talk about fun having a bunch of first-graders with nowhere to sit for 45 minutes). As they would say, "Happy Crismas!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names