DIY Christmas wreath project


I recently made this wreath to help decorate for Christmas. It is based on one that I made for my sister´s baby shower. I am not the craftiest person but both of these wreaths are super easy! All you need is:



-A wreath form (mine came from Target´s dollar spot when it was half off)
-A glue gun
-Cupcake wrappers (or coffee filters, which is what I used to make the wreath for the shower)
-Scrapbook paper to decorate according to your theme (mine was green, red and white)



All you need to do is twist up the wrappers and glue them to the form. It takes a while since there is a lot of space to cover so you need to be patient. Make sure to pay attention to any open spaces or gaps in your wrappers as you glue them. My wreath form was red to begin with so I didn´t mind if there was some peaking through.

After it is all covered you can add some decorations to spice it up. I added some pinwheel rosettes made from the scrapbook paper and a sign that says "feliz navidad" as a little banner. Here is where you could get more creative or crafty (you know, depending on your skill level).



I could also see using different colored cupcake wrappers for your wreath. I used white since it went well with my Christmas decorations and was cheap (only 60 cents a package-I used 2 and a half). All in all this was a very frugal project. It cost me less than 5 dollars. Yay! Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names