Celebrity sighting in Sevilla. Sort of.

Last night as Jose and I were eating a slice of pizza right next to the cathedral in the city center, he spotted my FAVORITE local celebrity. Previously I wrote a blog post (see September 2010) about Juan y Medio and his television show which helps bring together lonely old people in Andalucia. Though a lot of the time I have a hard time understanding his daily guests, the stories they tell about their lives and the expectations they have in the opposite sex are really interesting. Juan y Medio is a very tall man (for a Spaniard) which is where he gets his name from, he is one and a half Juans. He also has a moustache which he wears proudly. Basically, behind Gerard Pique he is my favorite famous Spanish person so you can imagine my excitment last evening.


Unfortunately, I was sitting with my back to him as he approached. As I was stuffing my face with pepperoni, I saw Jose's eyes light up. By the time I choked down my pizza and realized what was happening, all I saw was his tall frame and beautiful salt and pepper hair passing us by. It was literally a brush with fame. Jose went back and forth about whether to chase after him to ask for a picture but by the time he had decided, Juan y Medio had turned a corner and walked down the street and out of my life. Probably forever. So sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names