Visit to Isla Magica

Thank you again, Groupon

Not too long ago I received a deal from Groupon for 2x1 tickets to Seville's local amusement park. As I had never been before (and Jose hadn't visited since he was a child), we decided to buy the coupon and ended up going yesterday. We brought a picnic lunch to save money and wore comfortable shoes to be able to walk around all afternoon.

At the entrance
Yaaaarrrggghhhhh

The park itself is pirate themed and was created in conjunction with the World Expo Fair that Seville hosted in the early nineties. There are boats everywhere and lots of water rides which are nice during the hot summers here in the south of Spain.


There is a big fort and live shows, the most popular being one in which there is a battle aboard a pirate ship. 


Most people's favorite ride is a roller coaster although there are a lot of attractions for children as well. I did not go on the really big rides because I have a terrible time with motion sickness. Luckily there were NO lines for any ride so Jose got to go on them quickly while I waited.


We did get on the baby roller coaster and that was enough for me (see below). The park itself isn't very large but is worth an afternoon visit. It is a good alternative to the typically touristic things you can do around Sevilla.


I would go again but probably not until we have either children or kid-like visitors. We had a good time in the park and it ended up being a pleasant surprise for me. Overall, a good Sunday funday.

Comments

  1. I was there for the Expo in '92. The place was crowded, and even as we were leaving at 2:00 AM (I was with a student group!) people were still coming in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely not near as many people. We didn´t wait in line for anything but it is also off-season now. Plus I think it has lost some of its original attraction. I am not sure how much updating they do. Jose seemed to remember everything being more or less the same from when he went as a child!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names