It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Cheap transportation needed

Since I started my new job last week, Jose and I have been trying to figure out how we would be able to manage our different commutes with only one car. Before we were able to drive to work together since our schools were just down the road from one another and we had more or less the same schedules. Now things are different. Because Jose does not have very far to travel and doesn't go on any main roads, we decided to investigate buying a scooter. It didn't take us long to find one second-hand. We didn't waste any time in buying it since it was a good deal (at least we hope).


Coops wants a ride
That means that we got to spend the afternoon today driving around our apartment complex to practice. Even Cooper got into the spirit. The nice thing about this scooter is that it is pretty basic and easy to use. Really there are hand brakes and an accelerator. We both need to work on curves and turning but I think things went pretty well. We will keep practicing until we are comfortable taking it out of our neighborhood. Oh and did I mention that it gets AMAZING gas mileage!?!




Beautiful day for a ride

We lucked out that today was such a gorgeous day. The weather has been pretty nice lately and it is still warm. I am always jealous when I see people posting about fall back home (my favorite season) but to be honest it is nice to be able to wear shorts still if we wanted to.


Cooper found the shade
This last photo is the boulevard outside of our apartment. Lots of people come out on the weekends to run, walk and play with their kids here. I am not embarassed to admit that on my first turn on the scooter a guy on his bike passed me. Jose couldn't believe it. Bonus: learning to drive a scooter will cross another thing off my 30 before 30 list! Yes!



Surprise party fun

Yesterday we also were able to attend a surprise birthday party for my friend Cristina. She apparently had no idea which is always hard to pull off, I think. We were able to spend time with some friends from work and celebrate with her. Plus I got to hold and play with our friends' baby, Eyre (named after Jane Eyre). She is adorable!





Happy birthday, Cristina!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names