Latest apartment and life updates

Since coming back to Spain we have completed a few more small projects here in our apartment. Here are a couple photos of what we have been working on.

Small bedroom, small changes

First we added a small wardrobe in our small bedroom. I think proportionately it works in the space (which isn't incredibly large to begin with). We also added a headboard that matched. I really think that headboards make rooms feel more grown up and permanent.





Black and white photos

Next we finally hung up the black and white photos that we had printed before we headed to the U.S. for the summer. I had been dreading trying to hang these frames because I knew it was going to be difficult to get them exactly even in a row. It took us a couple of tries to get it right but we did eventually get them hung fairly well. The giant empty space between them is our missing television which we are still waiting to hear about from the guy who will hopefully fix it for us. Read about it here.




Bargain bedroom update

Before we spent the summer overseas we had ordered a pretty pricey headboard from a company that manufactures them. They told us that by the time we returned it should be done and be ready for delivery. When we got back we gave them a call but the furniture had not been finished yet. I was highly annoyed (this was right after we also found out that our internet was kaput) and canceled the order. That same day we went to another local store and found a headboard display model on super clearance. Only 20 euro! We bought it and I am so happy with it! (Sorry no picture).

Other randomness

I am happy to report that my first trip to the orthodontist went well although it looks like I will have braces for a year and a half. I didn't realize my teeth were so bad. Estetically they are not but apparently my issues will only continue to get worse as time goes on. Bummer.

I also found a new job. It is still teaching but will be in the afternoons and will entail working with high schoolers and adults (a bit more my speed). The pay (not very high) is about the same as my other job but this new one requires fewer hours. It remains to be seen if I could figure out a way to work the mornings at the elementary school and do this job later. I will keep you updated.

Oh, and I bought a new phone! This is the first time in my life that I actually spent money on a phone rather than just take the one that was given to me for free...

Comments

  1. The small bedroom looks lovely! The headboard definitely pulls it together and makes it look more grown up and the pom-poms overhead are a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have one other small bedroom that is in rough shape. It'll be the next project...whenever I have the time, energy and money (not necessarily in that order)!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names