Blue eyes, tummy time and mommy moments

The last time we went to the neurologist we were told that we really needed to do lots of tummy time with the girls since they hadn't been lifting their heads when she did part of her examination. Luckily for us they don't exactly hate it (like I have heard from other people whose kids would just cry the whole time). They do tend to fall asleep though. I am hoping that this isn't a sign of things to come in terms of their development, hopefully they will catch up soon. It is interesting, however, to see changes over time. I am going to sort of ignore the milestones at this point but the best thing so far is seeing them both start to smile in reaction to us. Laura started first and now Vera will smile when she hears our voices or sees something she likes. It is enough to make your heart melt.






We have also been wondering if our girls will have blue eyes or not. Their eyes are not the same color (surprise, surprise since they don't look anything alike). Laura's are a bit lighter than Vera's but they both appear to be blue for now. I don't know if that will change in the future. When they were smaller their eyes were darker and I just figured they would turn brown over time. It also sometimes depends on the light in the room. What do you think? Not that it matters but I had always heard that brown eyes are dominant over blue and all of Jose's family have brown eyes. I guess only time will tell.



I am sure most people realize this but when you become a mom you start to do things you never imagined doing before. What do I mean? Well, for example, the other day I picked a booger out of my daughter's nose without even thinking about it. After I had done it and I found myself with a booger and nowhere to put it I was pretty grossed out and thought: This is what we waited so long for before becoming parents??!! What have I been reduced to??!! What joys of motherhood await??!!  Let's be real, kids are gross but I guess everyone just doesn't think their own offspring are yucky otherwise the human race wouldn't survive. Special snowflakes and all. Mommy moments and all. 

Comments

  1. Eric had beautiful blue eyes when he was born. My husband has blue eyes and I have brown, though there are blue eyes in my family. At first I thought Eric's eyes would be hazel; my dad had hazel eyes, but they turned brown--the exact shade of my mother's eyes, as my eyes are much darker. My great niece has beautiful blue eyes--her mom's (my niece Rachel) are blue, and her dad's are hazel. You never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When did they change? I was recently told by a nurse that if you breastfeed (which I am not) your baby's eyes will change color later. Right now they both look pretty blue, not that grayish, dark color that I think usually changes. But I guess we will have to wait and see!

      Delete
    2. They changed at about two months. I breast fed Eric full time all summer (he was born in April) and we stopped the following December, when he decided that playing was more important than eating.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names