We have arrived

Jose and I  arrived in Michigan after basically 24 hours of travel about a week ago. Yay! We had no real issues with our flights besides one 2 hour delay (typical). We even sighted some famous people on our trip (like the president of the F.C. Sevilla and famous Latin American author Mario Vargas Llosa). My one big complaint was being on a nine hour flight and not having my own personal t.v. in the seat in front of me. I know that sounds really bratty but believe me, it makes that long trip over the ocean go by much faster. On this particular flight there was only one film shown and my sound didn't even work for that so it ended up being LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Love lake life


In the past week we have been inundated with family visits at the house on the lake. First my sisters and then my adorable niece who has been staying with my parents as well for the last few days. She is a completely different baby from the last time we saw her. Now she is walking and talking. She is obsessed with clocks. OBSESSED! You don't realize how many clocks there really are in the world until she points them out for you. Like the other day we were looking at boxes of food and she started saying clock, clock, clock. She was right, there was an itty bitty one on the side of a rice box. Some times when she says it, the word sounds a bit like some other naughtier word but it is still adorable.

Bedhead

We have been soaking up life on the lake, swimming, eating barbecue and spending time with my aunts and cousin who also came for a visit. So far it has been an incredibly relaxing but really nice visit. Tomorrow we are headed back to Grand Rapids to spend a few days there with my sister and her husband (and the baby). I will be sure to post about it afterwards.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names