40 before 40 update 1 (I did things!)

So here is my 40 before 40 list and I am actually sort of surprised by how many things I have accomplished so far. I find these kinds of lists help me to motivate myself to actually get out there and get things done. Plus I like to see how my goals change and develop over time. 

1. Buy a house (We are currently house hunting since it seems like we are quickly outgrowing our three bedroom apartment. I love my place now but would also really like to have some outdoor space for the girls. We aren´t in a rush but we have been out there visiting houses and have seen some we really liked. The area where we live is absolutely blowing up so we will probably stick pretty close to where we are now, just looking to get into to something bigger. Wish us luck because international house hunting isn´t what you see on TV).

2. Go back to school (This is also in my plans for next school year after Carla is a bit bigger).
3. Grow our family  Done and done! With our latest addition, Carla, we now feel we have the perfect sized family and after our struggles to even have children at all, I feel blessed.



4. Go on a cruise (In the plans for our tenth anniversary and we are already socking away money to have a great vacation!)
5. Go to Ireland
6. Restart my Italian
7. Walk part of the Camino de Santiago
8. Visit our family in France This was something we actually did over the past summer 2018. We had a great trip up to visit my sister-in-law and niece, complete with a trip to Disney with the girls!



9. Explore more of the north of Spain
10. Go back to Italy
11. Go to Nashville
12. Read at least ten books a year
13. Continue my blog (Here´s to hoping I can get this going again!)
14. Take the girls to a show
15. Go see snow with our kiddos We did this when we went to Michigan this fall for a visit until after Christmas

16. Have another bird as a pet
17. Learn how to make homemade bread
18. Join a book club (Supposed to be starting a book club in October, so hope all goes well).
19. Donate my hair again
20. Start going back to church We started attending a new church which is very close to our house and it´s actually something I look forward to each Sunday. It is full of young families like us, there is a daycare for the girls and I find it is relaxing and a time to reconnect.



21. Find/create a mom tribe here in Spain I can´t even say how important this has been to me over the past few years and I love my group of mom friends. They are mostly all expats and can relate to having a family far from family. I love our weekly coffees, mom dates out and that we celebrate birthdays and holidays together. I am blessed to have them!



22. Create a new holiday tradition at Christmas
23. See a big Broadway-esque show
24. Get my Spanish driver´s license This past year while heavily pregnant I decided to finally go ahead and get my Spanish license. I had to take both written and driving exams but I passed! 
25. Take an official Spanish language exam I also prepared my C1 Spanish exam last fall just in case I need it for future studies.
26. Start a business
27. Get chickens
28. Visit a new country
29. Spend the day at the spa
30. Go camping
31. Go to a concert
32. Get a flamenca dress
33. Continue my Christmas ornament collection
34. Introduce the girls to another language
35. Be debt free
36. Learn to dance for the feria
37. Got to Disney again
38. Finish the Game of Thrones series (show and books) The GofT series finally ended and of course I was up at 3am to catch every episode at its release time. I have to say I was disappointed with the character that finally ended up on the Iron Throne but was otherwise happy with the ending (not that it ended).
39. Go on a road trip vacation
40. Go to a paint and pour class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names