Life updates

It has been a year since my last post so as you might guess, there´s been some changes around here. The biggest being a new addition to our family, Carla who was born this past July. Obviously that means I spent the better part of this past year pregnant (and not feeling great). Jose and I both taught the last school year in our respective schools and we´ve been doing well overall.

We celebrated Halloween with a group of friends at a park and the girls dressed as ladybugs. They also did some quick trick-or-treating with the neighbors on our floor at our apartment.



At Christmastime my parents, sister Katie and niece Daphne came to visit us for a week or so and we loved having them. My favorite part was our ride on the Christmas train and our trips in our big rental car to visit close villages. We celebrated the holidays with Jose´s family as well and I am excited to say that this upcoming Christmas we will be visiting home in Michigan! I am absolutely kicking myself for not doing my annual Christmas list and blog but most of all for not taking a family picture of us in front of our tree which we have been doing for what seems like forever. I was feeling particularly terrible around Christmas but I would have had a belly in that picture. Oh well, next year.


In the springtime we went to feria in Mairena as is our tradition, celebrated Holy Week and we finished out the school year. Laura and Vera were in daycare last course and they LOVED their teachers (Seño Clara) and their friends. They have since started preschool and seem to be enjoying it so far although I wouldn´t know because they keep it all top secret and never tell us anything about school. They seem like such big girls especially when compared with their little sister.



My mom came to visit us in what was an otherwise uneventful (except for new baby) summer. We pretty much stuck around our apartment and pool except for one week at the end of August at a house we rented by the beach. My mom arrived right around Carla´s due date but Carla decided not to arrive until two days before her flight home. She ended up being born by scheduled c-section and everything went quite well. She´s a great baby and I feel very lucky that she eats and sleeps so well. The girls love her so far and we haven´t seen any real jealousy yet. 


My plan is to write some more in depth updates about our past year soon now that I am on maternity leave and should have some extra time on my hands. I would really love to get into blogging regularly again. Part of my problem is my 10 year old computer. Think I need a new one? Yeah. So be on the look out for more entries soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names