Laura and Vera: Five month update


You guys! It's already been five months since Vera and Laura were born. And they have already become international travelers! Below you can find their other monthly updates if you are curious to see how things have changed.

One month update
Two month update
Three month update
Four month update


We spent the first half of the month back in Spain basically saying goodbye to friends and family and getting prepared both physically and mentally for our trip. We finally flew out on the 19th of July and the girls did great (which was a pleasant surprise for me since I had been dreading our trip). We arrived without any big problems and I wrote a blog about traveling with twin infants that you can check out here.


Before we left Spain we were able to spend a weekend in Jose's family's hometown where we attended his cousin's baptism. Baptisms are a big deal in Spain as they are an important right of passage. We are planning the babies' baptism for September when we are back home. Jose is also going to be godfather to our niece Eva who will have her ceremony the day after we arrive back in Spain. I am hoping we aren't too jetlagged! Besides being able to celebrate with Jose's cousin Marta, we got to say goodbye to all his aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins before leaving for the summer. It was a fun time and I think everyone enjoyed being with the babies.


The weekend after we arrived here in Michigan we had a come meet the babies party at my sister Chrissie's beautiful new house. A lot of family and friends came to see Laura and Vera. I wrote about the party here. Then we spent another couple days with her and our niece Caroline. She is adorable! We have all girl granddaughters both in my family and in Jose's so far. It's so sweet to see them all together and to imagine what it will be like as they get older.

We really have just been hanging out at my parents' house at the lake. I can't believe how hot it is! I feel as if we aren't even able to enjoy being outside since I don't want the girls to be too hot or to go inside and out of the A/C too much.


This past weekend we headed up to Grand Rapids with all my sisters, spouses, nieces and my parents. We toured the city a bit, went to quite a few breweries and just hung out in general in our themed family reunion which we call GAGME. I will write another post about it soon. Jose and I stayed another few days at my sister Katie's house after everyone else went home.

The girls are being spoiled. I am nervous as to how they will act when we are back in Spain and there aren't people to constantly fawn over them and carry them around. They are getting bigger each week and are almost sleeping through the night. Laura continues to smile and be happy all the time. Vera is still grumpier and LOVES to be held. When she does smile she has the cutest dimple only on one side. People fall in love with them no matter where we go. They charm everyone.

We still have about three weeks left of our visit and have a lot of plans. This weekend I am headed up north to spend time with my aunts. Then we have people visiting and I am hoping that it cools off a bit. Overall everything has been really great with our visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names