Our first week in Michigan: meet the babies!

We arrived in Michigan one week ago and have been having a great time! I hate to admit this but we have gotten almost all of the food we had been craving already. In the first few days we hit up Dairy Queen for Reese's peanut butter cup blizzards, got Taco Bell and ordered Jet's pizza. We have definitely not been following a very healthy diet but when we are here we have to take advantage. Poppa Walrus has also been grilling for us quite a bit. Yum!


We spent our first few days at my parents' house at the lake but I can't believe how hot it has been. I feel like we have been inside most of the time since I don't want to take the babies out in the heat. We got to go on their new pontoon boat, dubbed the Garbarge and have been swimming a few times. I am hoping it cools down soon so that we can be outside more. Why did the heat have to follow us from Spain? I thought we were escaping dammit.


Last weekend we headed to my sister Chrissie's new house for a few days to visit with my niece Caroline, also known as Cawaline. She was born last summer and we hadn't met her until she came to pick us up at the airport. She is completely adorable and has the sweetest crinkly faced smile. Chrissie hosted a sip and see party for Vera and Laura on Sunday and we got to visit with a lot of friends and family. I loved seeing everyone but was sad that I wasn't able to spend more time with people, to be able to talk and catch up. Luckily I think for the most part I will be meeting up with most everyone again over the summer.



My best friends from high school came out, one from Chicago (Jenna) with her husband and son, another from Savannah (Kim) with her husband and Claire who lives locally. I can't believe we have been friends for such a long time and that now everyone is forming their own families. It was so nice to see them. I also got to see my friend Erica and her husband Ernie but didn't get a picture with them. Next time. 



My parents were just loving having all their granddaughters in one place. We have all girls so far and though Chrissie is expecting again, she refuses to share the sex. I don't know how she can manage to keep such a secret. Almost all of my family including aunts, uncles, mom's cousins and my cousins also came with their kids. I got to meet a few that I didn't know yet. One of the things that is the hardest about living overseas is missing out on life events: weddings, births, etc. This summer I am trying to catch up with all that. We also got to see neighbors, my godparents and some other sweet friends, lots of who follow this blog! It was great to see everyone and I am so thankful for the time people spent with us.


So far we have been relaxing and trying to adjust to our new schedule and time difference. The babies have been behaving themselves for the most part, though they are pretty spoiled and are enjoying being held all the time. I am already preparing myself for when we are back in Spain and they are terrible. At least we have about a month left until I have to deal with that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names