Newborn photo shoot with Debora Bretones

I have never really been that into photos but since the arrival of my girls I have been taking a lot more. Ever since the morning after they were born when I still hadn't really seen them for more than a minute in the operating room and I made Jose take a lot of pictures of them in the NICU to bring back up to me where I was still recuperating from my C section, I have been documenting and sharing with my family and friends how they are growing and changing. Since those first days they have gotten so much bigger and look stronger, healthier. I like looking back and seeing how far they have come. They change so much, so quickly.

When Fathers' Day arrived here in Spain I decided I wanted to do a professional photo shoot with the babies before they got too big and had thought to surprise Jose with it. However with Laura in the hospital and then my parents' visit our time was limited. I still pursued the idea after my folks had left and we luckily were penciled in for a session with a highly recommended local newborn photographer last Sunday. Her name is Debora Bretones and she was amazing!! (If interested you can find her on Facebook by searching her name).

Usually newborn pictures are taken before the babies are a few weeks old because they are calmer and easier to manage (being that they sleep most of the time). I explained our situation and Debora was very accomodating, asking that we have patience since our babies were seven weeks old and had been out in the world longer than most babies she works with.

My first impression was that her studio was beautiful. We arrived at a typical office building but when we entered into a bright and airy room I was impressed. The studio was kept at a very warm temperature throughout the shoot so that the babies were comfortable. I was sweating. Debora also had  a white noise machine playing in the background, all tricks of the trade I guess. She had several different backgrounds and backdrop set-ups for taking pictures of the girls and her props were a work of art in and of themselves.




It takes a special person to be a newborn photographer. You need to know how to manage a baby, make them comfortable, mold them into your vision. You need patience and a magic touch. This photographer had a tattoo on her arm that said "baby whisperer" and it was true. Laura and Vera behaved quite well (from what we were told), especially considering how old they are. Debora was able to pose them in some adorable ways. It was awesome to see her work.


We were allowed to take as many pictures as we wanted with our cell phones so we did but I can't wait to see the professional, edited final product. I especially liked that in the photos you can appreciate just how different Vera and Laura are since they are side by side. 


I don't want to share too many of the poses until they are finished which will understandably take a while. The picture above was one of my favorites. It took a while to accomplish the feat of getting both girls relaxed and sitting this way but they were champs and finally cooperated. I obviously am biased and think my babies are gorgeous. But seriously, look at those faces!! All in all, the photo shoot experience was great. If anyone in the Seville area is looking for a baby/child photographer I would highly recommend Debora Bretones.

Comments

  1. Adorable! I hope to see more pictures. I wish I had done this. We did it at the hospital and the pictures were horrible and over priced. I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be getting the edited prints soon so I will be sure to post some more! And I thought it was expensive as well but in the end it was worth it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names