End of the 30 before 30 list

My birthday is this Friday, April 8th. I will be turning 30, whaaattt??? Where did the time go? I feel like I just turned 21 yesterday. Some people know this but other may not: I started a list of 30 things I wanted to do before this birthday back in 2013. I have posted below the original list as well as all 6 updates that I wrote about over the last few years. I adjusted my original list a few times in order to keep up with how my life was changing and the goals I wanted to accomplish. I am a bit surprised myself but my last update was over a year ago. 

Update 6
Update 5
Update 4
Update 3
Update 2
Update 1
Original list

Here is how the 30 before 30 list was left as of my latest update in February of 2015:

1. Go on another cruise. We have been throwing around the idea of going on a cruise with my parents when the girls are a bit older. I think we would have a blast!
2. Learn to cook Indian food.
3. Start a family (read: have a baby). Trying to accomplish this goal basically made it impossible to complete a lot of other things on this list. Just getting pregnant was quite a feat for me and an expensive endeavour. It took us several years and when we found out I was pregnant with twins we decided I should take it easy (I was on modified bed rest for a while). We didn't travel much this past year and didn't even go home to Michigan over the summer. My actual due date (40 weeks) was right on my birthday April 8th. The girls decided to arrive over a month early so this goal was accomplished!!




4. Find a job in which I am happy with what I do, feel accomplished and appreciated. This school year I did not work which ended up being a blessing in disguise. I was able to have a relatively easy and enjoyable pregnancy. I was able to rest and be off my feet (which is basically impossible to do as a teacher). I did miss working and all of my students but am hopeful that next year I will be back.
5. Visit Morocco.
6. Spend Christmas in Michigan. Maybe this year, depending on whether we go to Michigan this summer or not.
7. Walk at least a part of the Camino de Santiago.
8. Drive comfortably here in Spain.
9. Go to (and enjoy) a soccer game.
10. Find a list of books every person should read, and read them. Should children's books count??
11. Visit Ireland. 
12. Cook a Thanksgiving dinner solo.  
13. Keep a plant alive for more than a few months.
14. Save up and buy a new car.   

15. See the new Pope.
16. Grow my hair long enough to cut it and donate it in my niece's name.
17. Throw a fabulous baby shower for one of my good friends here in Spain who recently found out she is pregnant after struggling.
18. Go to a concert.
19. Grow my blog. Actually since getting pregnant I have seen a lot more people reading and commenting on my blog so I will count this one as goal achieved! Thanks everyone who says such sweet things and who follow my blog.
20. Learn how to cook some Spanish dishes and post about them here on the blog at the request of some readers. I have been cooking quite a bit more (at least before the babies arrived) but haven't been very good about blogging in general and creating posts about food has been low on my list unfortunately.
21. Restart my Italian classes.
22. Visit Gibraltar.
23. Have my family here to visit.
24. Get an English teaching certificate
25. Take a Spanish wine tasting course. 

26. Finish our apartment and all its little nitpicky projects
27. See more of Turkey. 

28. Create saving goals and stick to them. We have been pretty good about this and will continue into the future, especially with having doubled the size of our family.
29. Be blonde. Alas I never had the guts to dye my hair blonde. Maybe someday...
30. Learn how to drive a scooter


Basically I put this list on hold over the last year with trying to get pregnant, stay pregnant and have our girls. I can't say that I am disappointed in not finishing all of my goals and I certainly had fun crossing off the ones that I did. I think I did a lot over the past few years. I got to travel quite a bit, learned new things and accomplished most of what I set out to do. The best thing (and hardest) by far has been our twins. I wouldn't trade them for the world. 

I actually am excited to start a new list of things I would like to do with them. They have changed my life so much in such a short time. To think that just a year ago I wouldn't have guessed that I would be here sitting on my couch with these two precious girls sleeping next to me. I can't wait to see what the future will bring. Here's to another wonderful 30 years!!


Comments

  1. You have accomplished the most wonderful thing possible! Now enjoy the two beautiful darlings! I know you will be the best mother! Sending hugs and kisses!
    Zi Kaffy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names