Visit to Grand Rapids

José and I spent this last week staying with my sister in Grand Rapids where she lives with her husband and my niece. I have been before on a few occasions but never for a longer period of time. I really like Grand Rapids; there is a lot to do, see and eat.

Downtown

 It was super hot the whole week we were there so the first day we went to the beach in Grand Haven.

Unplanned matchies
Another day we went downtown and visited the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum. José and I are museum nerds so we enjoyed this more than other people might. I learned a lot about this Michigan native while chasing Daphne around. She successfully found each and every clock there was to see.



We also ate at Charley´s Crab which is the restaurant that my brother-in-law manages. The food was amazing, go if you get a chance!



We tried hard to avoid the heat so we also hung around the house in the a.c. José got back into playing some old school video games with my brother-in-law like Streets of Rage. They are super lame.

 
On our last morning we went to a local diner to have breakfast. We had to explain to José that flapjack is another word for pancake. Or in this case, giant ass pancake.

Use baby´s head for scale
Overall it was a great visit and we thank our family for hosting us. I am glad I got to spend quality time with Daphne and basically get to know her again. She is pretty cute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names