Fowlerville Fair

Recently Jose, my parents and I visited our local county fair, in Fowlerville. This fair has everything you might expect to find: farm animals, greasy food, rickety rides, carnies and impossible-to-win carnival games. Plus they offer tractor pulls, concerts and a pageant. 

We started with the animals since it is my mom´s favorite part of the fair. We arrived just in time for the pig races. Then we headed over to the barns to check out the horses, pigs, sheep, fowl, rabbits, etc. Stand-out animals included the creepily large bunnies (bigger certainly than our dog), the llama that looked a lot like my redheaded brother-in-law and the mini goats. I have decided I need one; they are adorable! Jose was not convinced.

This was what this couple has dedicated their lives to after retirement. I think my parents could have racing cats.

All mini animals are cute. That horse? Come on.

Next it was time for lunch. Jose and I went with corn dogs (since he had never had one) and deep fried oreos. Yum!

Just one of the many healthy options available

Spain doesn´t offer as many foods-on-a-stick

Deep fried oreos, you might have a heart attack but yum

We didn´t actually get on any rides since they were expensive (and I have some serious issues with motion sickness) but there were quite a few to chose from. I have to question the safety that these traveling rides offer, I mean you can see the folks that are in charge of set up and take down. Scary.


Just looking at this made me queasy

We did try our luck at a shooting game but no one actually was able to shoot the entire star out of the target. Whatta bust.


And no visit to Fowlerville would be complete without a visit to the local bar, the Bloated Goat.

Local landmark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names