Books I have read this summer

Confessions of a bookworm

I tend to read quite a bit in general but during the summer even more so. I am the kind of person who will stay up late reading even when I know I have to get up early the next day. I will have more than one book going at once and a stack in my night table next to my bed. If a book doesn't interest me I will stop reading it (which drives my husband crazy). I also will read the ending of a story before I am about half way through (which also makes him mad). I am always impressed by people who not only have a good story in their heads, but that also have the power to write it down well. It really is a talent! 

Anyway, chalk it up to long flights, laziness out in the sun (or the rain) and lots of free time but this summer I read quite a bit. For the most part when I read for pleasure I choose novels in English since my mind needs a break from living life in Spanish. I also am still burned out a bit from graduate work in another language.

Here in Michigan we have a great used book store that allows us to stock up on the cheap. (I also usually only buy the inexpensive books offered on my Nook unless they are really something I want to read). I am always welcoming recommendations from other people!

Without further ado, here are the books I have read this summer. 

The titles


The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnette Friis












Butter by Erin Jade Lange


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern












A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam












The Birth House by Ami McKay












And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini


Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult



Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult 












Sarah´s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay












The Fault in our Stars by John Green












The Fourth Hand by John Irving












Freedom by Jonathan Franzen











The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names