Backstreet's back alright!

Last night my sisters, two cousins and I went to a concert. The Backstreet Boys concert to be exact. I realize that for a lot of people this is not their ideal music show but for 6 girls who grew up listening to (and in some cases crushing on) BSB, we were excited to re-experience good memories. Plus the lawn tickets were offered on Groupon for 20 dollars so it was a deal when you consider what concerts can cost these days.

Sisters and cousins
When we arrived I could not believe how many people had actually turned out for this concert. Most of them were women our age. We got there a bit late so we were kind of stuck at the top deck, looking down at the people on the lawn and pretty far away from the stage and area with actual seating.

We were at the waaaay top.
Our group got some beers and listened to the opening act, a brosef that I didn't really know named Jesse McCartney. We pretty much talked through the whole thing.


So right before the Boys were scheduled to come on I knew that I needed to use the bathroom quickly. I made my sister Chrissie come with us and we ended up finding a bathroom with no line (our first stroke of luck). Then as we were walking back to our crappy spots at the top of the hill a guy who worked at the venue stopped us. He asked us how many people were with us and when we said 6 he pulled out 6 tickets to sit in the pavilion. Needless to say we sprinted back and collected our girls. We pushed our way down to our new seats not knowing how great they would be. I figured they would be somewhere normal in the pavilion, that the venue was just trying to fill the empty areas. Turns out that they were right in the center stage about 15 rows back, really close. We were shocked!

So close!

We ended up having a great time. We sang and danced through the whole concert and couldn't believe our luck at ending up with such good seats. I don't know who that guy was but thanks DTE man (I did give him a hug when he handed over our tickets).



Comments

  1. Allie! I stumbled upon your blog after FB sent an email with a link. It's been truly forever, but I just wanted to say Felicitaciones!!! Te deseo todo lo mejor!!
    Besos,
    Adlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Adlin! Un abrazo muy fuerte : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names