Summer Summary

We have had an amazing summer here in the USA!!! I am sad to leave and say goodbye to all our friends and family but I can honestly say that we took advantage of almost every moment we've been home. You can read about some of our specific summer adventures in these posts:

Our girls-only weekend trip to the Big Apple

Hanging out around the great state of Michigan

Family GAGME trip to Washington D.C.

Climbing Mount Pleasant

As if all that weren't enough, we also went up to visit our good friends in Mount Pleasant (though I blanked and didn't take any pictures) for a few days last week. We walked around the campus and saw how much everything has changed since I graduated from CMU. Talk about expansion and new buildings! We also got to see Erica and Ernie's new house and have dinner where they had their wedding reception. Jose and I are excited that they are planning a visit to Spain in December. It'll be a great way to start the new year!

Wedding weekend

Last weekend we went to another of my sorority sister's weddings. The bride, Dana, and the groom, Kyle, looked awesome and the wedding was a ton of fun! A bit of background: Dana is my little sister in my sorority, we lived together my senior year of college in a house full of 9 girls and then we lived together again in Ann Arbor two years ago. Jose and I were so happy to be able to celebrate with such a great couple. I was also able to see a lot of my old friends from college who I haven't seen in too long. It was great to be able to catch up with them all and we had a good time.


Between the ceremony and the reception
Beautiful bride, Dana
In the photo booth with Dana's brothers
Sigma sisters (and babies)

Today on our last day before we head back to Spain three of my other sorority sisters came by my parents' house to visit us. These were women that I lived with when I lived in my chapter's house. Two of them have recently had babies and though it is a bit surreal since we had some crazy times together in the past, they are wonderful moms. I am glad we got to see them before we leave and their babies are pretty cute.


The next generation
Chicago

Tomorrow we are taking the bus to Chicago where we catch our flight on Wednesday. We will be staying with some friends for the night and I can't wait to catch up with them too. Jenna is one of my oldest friend from high school and we always have a good time together.

Saying hasta luego

I feel incredibly lucky this summer because I have been able to see and spend time with just about everyone who is important in my life. Whether it was a dinner with one of my most loyal blog-followers, Suzy, or spending a couple of hours chatting over a beer with another high school buddy, Kim and her sister Julianne, I have reconnected and feel ready to face another long stint away from home. I visited my grandmother and saw her joy while interacting with my niece. I got to have a special dinner with some aunts one day followed by a lunch with the other to say goodbye for now. It's always hard to head out again but at least I will be reunited with this guy soon.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names