28 is great

Though this is coming a few weeks late (due to a visit from my sister during Holy Week), I celebrated my 28th birthday at the beginning of the month. In terms of birthdays this one was pretty low key as I had to work that day. I was pleasantly surprised, however, to arrive at school and find that my 6th graders had planned a surprise party for me. It was quite thoughtful of them. They were so excited and I have to admit that I had no clue they were doing anything special. Sneaky sneaky.

So cool
Cards
Later, Jose and I went out to eat in our favorite Moroccan restaurant in Seville, Fez. Its food puts all the food we ate during our trip to Morocco to shame. It is a tiny place with maybe 8 tables and whenever we go there are never very many people which means we get great service. This has become almost like a birthday tradition for me (since we went last year too).




I can honestly say that so far 28 is great and am  sure it will continue to be. I have started an album on Facebook to add photos of all the little (and big) things that make this year a great one. Later I will write about my sister's trip and all of the fun stuff we did last week. It will probably take more than one post to record it all since we crammed a whole lot into 7 days. Thankfully during this visit the weather cooperated and we were able to see and do things without the rain or awful heat that she suffered during her first two trips here. Check back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names