We made it!!

It's been a few days since Jose and I made it from Spain to Chicago and finally Michigan. We spent a couple of days in Malaga with Jose's aunt, uncle and cousins before getting our plane to Dublin and then on to the USA. As always, it was a long trip but luckily we had good inflight entertainment. I watched the entire "Gone with the Wind" film, all 3 hours and 40 minutes. I also saw "Grand Hotel Budapest," "Lego Movie" and "Labor Day." Long flights are always a good time to see movies I wouldn't otherwise.

We spent the night in Chicago after arriving exhausted and then caught the Megabus to Grand Rapids. I had never gone in Megabus before but it was pretty awesome. Not too expensive, fairly quick and seemed reliable. My sister and my niece picked us up and we immediately went out to lunch.


We spent a couple of days in GR with my sister, brother-in-law and my niece. We hung around with them and went to a few breweries. Grand Rapids is known as Beer City USA and lives up to its name. The day after we went to a hotel with a waterpark in it. The big kids had fun but Daphne wasn't too impressed. In fact, I think she was a bit scared of the big bucket that filled up and dumped out. We all had fun on the slides and what not and Daphne loved the lazy river.


Since then we have been in Brighton at my parents' house at the lake. We have been swimming and fishing, have had visits with a few of my aunts and have eaten copious amounts of grilled food. Today we also went to visit my Grandma, my Nonna. It was really wonderful to see her.


So far our visit has been great. We have had a busy couple of days and are looking forward to all of the fun we have planned. Next weekend we have a girls' trip to NYC, in August we are headed up North and to Washington D.C. It's going to be a fabulous summer to be sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names