A baby-filled weekend

Jose and I have really just enjoyed a great weekend. It all started on Friday when we attended a trivia event put on by the American Women's Club of Seville to raise money for its charities. I belong to this club but unfortunately am unable to go to a lot of the things they organize because of my schedule. I was excited to be able to go support a good cause, spend time with our friends (who I talked into coming) and to participate in a trivia contest in a English speaking bar. We didn't end up winning but we did pretty well considering we were the youngest people there.



Saturday brought us some beautiful weather so we took Cooper out for a long time before coming back up to our apartment to have lunch out on our balcony. So far my flowers are looking okay, except the yellow ones which for some reason are a bit sad. Any idea why????



On Saturday we went to meet Alberto, the son of one of Jose's co-workers. He was adorable, as all new babies are and was super good. He basically slept the entire visit and I was lucky enough to be able to hold him for a long time. There is nothing like holding a sleeping baby. I don't have any pictures to post of him because I respect that his parents are a bit more private in what they share. I can understand that. Instead I will show some photos of some of the mini cakes that we brought with us on our visit. An afternoon coffee and a pastel is pretty typical here in Spain, especially on the weekends. I have unfortunately given up all sweets for Lent so I did not get to enjoy any but they sure did look appetizing when we bought them.





Today we went to visit Maria, the recently born daughter of one of Jose's best friends. Like the title says, it was a baby-filled weekend and though it is sometimes difficult for me to be around so many little ones and not be able to have one of my own (yet, hopefully), I am still incredibly happy for all of our friends. And I am thankful that they let us share in their joy. Maria was another very calm baby. She is adorable of course and spent most of our visit sleeping. Adorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names