You might have heard our good news

I shared this on Facebook last week and wanted to come back to the blog to share our good news here as well: WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, and we are having twins. After about three years of trying we are finally on our way to expanding our family. Of course we are incredibly excited and are trying to wrap our minds around the fact that this spring we will have not only one, but two little ones (if all goes well of course). 



Right around this time last year I wrote a blog about my struggles with PCOS for PCOS Awareness month in September (read it here). I had hoped and prayed that within a year I would be able to share some good news. And here it is! In fact, one of my goals on my 30 before 30 list was to have children and it looks like this is in reach as well.

I won't say that getting here was easy. We had to have a lot of patience and positivity when those were in short supply. We luckily found an amazing group of doctors to give us the boost that we needed. It took quite a bit of trial and error to figure out what worked for us but in the end the results were exactly what we wanted.

Lots of people ask how I am feeling and in general I feel pretty good, no nausea but I am exhausted all the time, think a nap in the morning and in the afternoon. I also have what seems like a new superhero sense of smell. I can tell what most people have for lunch hours later and a lot of smells make me feel ill. But other than those symptoms and my slightly growing baby bump I am feeling good.

I feel like this pregnancy is going to motivate me to be blogging more often again so be sure to check back to find out how things are going. 

In other good news: I FINALLY got my braces off so yay! And we went to a wonderful wedding this weekend with some of Jose's co-workers. We had a great time though admittedly it is a different experience to not drink ANY alcohol at such a celebration. 


Comments

  1. Congratulations Allie! That is such great news! I'm happy for you! Take it easy when you can, especially with 2 babies. Can't wait to hear more from you. I have been sad not seeing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and José, Allie. I have a question--will the babies have dual citizenship? What kind of paperwork (and I know that the Spanish love paperwork with official seals and stamps) will you have to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The babies will have both Spanish and American citizenship and both passports to make traveling easier. We are still looking into paperwork but luckily I have lots of mom friends here to help me figure it all out. It seems like the Spanish paperwork as usual will be more complicated.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I've been looking at baby name sites! You probably have been, too. In the good old days, we bought a book. This is the best site I have found: http://www.babycenter.com/0_100-most-popular-hispanic-baby-names-for-girls-in-2014_10400789.bc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! We are narrowing down the search and hopefully will have decided on a second name soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names