A Christmas Card from us to you 2014

So here I am again writing another Christmas Card via my blog. This is the third year that I have done so, choosing to update my friends and family on what is going on with us here in the south of Spain as well as recapping what has happened throughout the past year. We also use this blog post as an excuse to take a holiday picture which you can see below. It's fun to be able to look back at the past few years and the memories we have created. You can see the cards from 2012 and 2013 below:

Christmas Card 2012
Christmas Card 2013



Without further ado here is our top ten from 2014:

10. Visiting Morocco for the New Year. This was a trip we had been wanting to take for some time and though we were in some ways disappointed with the tour we chose, this short vacation made us want to return again some day. Read about Morocco here.
9. Heading to Pure Michigan for another summer with my family. We always have a great time when we are back home in the U.S. We fill up on family time, food, friends and trips to the movie theater for free popcorn Tuesdays. Read my summer summary here.
8. Our girls-only weekend in New York City. My mom, sisters and I had a blast taking on the Big Apple. Read about NYC here.
7. Our new family reunion tradition which we have dubbed, GAGME. This year we ALL went to Washington D.C., thus the name: Garber Annual Gathering Monumental Edition. Read about GAGME here.
6. Going to see my parents when they came to Paris for vacation. I was lucky enough to get some one on one time with my mom and dad while visiting a beautiful city. (I've done quite a bit of traveling this year now that I look back!) Read about my parents in Paris here.
5. My new job. I am working at an elementary school 5 minutes away from my apartment. I teach third grade and am having a great time. Plus I love my co-workers. My job last year was nice but my new schedule allows me to see Jose much more. Read about my classroom here.
4. The newest addition to our family, our new canary Starburst who brightens my day with his singing (even when I want to take a nap). Read about our pretty birdy here.
3. More and more babies and pregnancies. From friends to family (cousins in my family and in Jose's for example) we are happy to share in the joy of everyone that is expanding their families.
2. Our soon-to-be visit with my best friend, Erica and her husband Ernie. They are now in Spain traveling around to different cities and we are picking them up soon. We have a lot of fun things planned and I can't wait to spend time with them!
1. Creating and crossing off things from my 30 before 30 list. The truth is that this list has been quite helpful in my having reached different goals and has kept me motivated in the last year. Whether the item be something as simple as cooking a certain dish or something a bit more complicated like having a baby, the 30 before 30 list is helping me to accomplish things in a reasonable amount of time. I plan on continuing for the next 16 months until my 30th birthday so keep checking back! Read the latest update here.

As you can see, 2014 has been a wonderful year for us. We are very much looking forward to what 2015 will bring us (it has a lot to live up to). We also want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Holidays and a fantastic New Year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La mesa camilla

Simple Spanish recipe: Chipirones a la plancha

Spanish names